Sunday, June 29, 2008

SG Toy & Comic Convention


Got dragged encouraged by EC to go for the Singapore Toy & Comic Convention this morning. "There are many things to see, come let's go, it'll be interesting!"

I was reluctant at first. Me? Waking up @ 8am on a Sunday? Cannot la! I need beauty sleep! But sensing his sincerity and determination, I agreed finally.

Ah~~ The organisers are giving away free bear brick souvenirs to 1000 early birds for the show. Since he couldn't get it yesterday (heard the crowd was crazy), so here I am, queuing with him. Along with a few hundred others. See I so nice hor? *wink wink

After 45 mins or so..


WE GOT THE BEAR BRICKS! YAYYYYY!!! And I gave him mine. 2 Bear bricks = 1 Happy EC

I am TOTALLY ALIEN when it comes to toys and comics (I wasted my childhood years hanging out after school and playing water bombs, haha). There's actually quite a lot to see. Different toy collections from Chugokin to Gundam to Star Wars to Blythe to Bearbricks to Master Q etc etc etc. REALLY an eye-opener for me. *Hey I remembered the collections, not bad!

My expression was like this when I first stepped into the hall

Toys aside. The cosplay characters @ the event are quite a disappointment though. No budget for better makeup and costumes I guess? See comparison and you'll see why.

Made in Singapore

Made in Japan

But I'm sure there are room for improvement in the future. ^^

You can see people taking pictures everywhere in the hall.

And one guy got my attention. He seemed to be really having fun and running around the Master Q area, posing with the cardboard characters.


Hence, he inspired me to do 1 too. Haha.


Poser... *tsk tsk

No comments: