Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ms Thrifty

Oh blogging at work again.. Oopsie.

Sometimes I wonder if I projected too much of a ‘stingy’ image to others? I got a new nick from Jean. Called me ‘Ms Thrifty’. Heh.

Perhaps I need to see a psychiatrist. Yes, no?
Yes - Sometimes I think I try to save too much. I buy shoes that sell at $15 for 2 at Mondo. Sometimes it might be a size bigger or smaller, and I would still like to think that I can fit them nicely. I shop and sell on yahoo auctions, and I squeeze as many words as i can in a single text sms...
No - I DO get great deals sometimes, ok. Quite proud of it. And I do pamper myself with little treats too.

Well, anything can happen ANYTIME. I didn’t learn to save when I was younger and had fewer commitments. Resulted in wasting a few years buying junk. But I have forgotten what pressed me to save up?

I got ZL to put some money aside for savings too. He is a late bloomer, started his savings only late last year. Well, better late then never right? I made sure that he knows the consequences of having ZERO money in the pocket, but as well as the pros la. Friends know how I exaggerate sometimes. Hee.

The underlying principle behind it? I believe in “saving for a rainy day”. I certainly do not believe in asking your parents for it, borrowing a few hundreds here and there from friends, or from the ah-long-san down the street that your 13th auntie strongly recommended. Sometimes I have crazy hallucinations ( Or i prefer the word forecast) – something happened, your loved ones out there in the cold, they need money. Then, the rest is up to your imagination.

Conclusion: Being junk-rich vs having financial security? I’ll take the latter.

No comments: