Wednesday, July 8, 2009

R.I.P

I guessed it only dawned on me today that MJ is dead. Like, for real.

Maybe he chose a bad time, passing on the day I left for KL. (Hello! I am supposed to enjoy my once-in-very-long-time vacation; I cannot grief over someone I barely know as a person right?)

All radios, for the next few days became MJ tribute stations. No matter which station you tuned into, it’s all Mr. MJ’s songs.
“Just beat it, beat it…” switch channel -> “Heal the world… make it a better place…” switch channel again ->“It’s black, it’s white, yay yay yay…”

Heck, they even have impersonations of MJ at the pubs already.

This fake one is NO WHERE near the real pop legend

Everyone was blogging about Michael Jackson. Still, I wasn’t affected. Only thing on my mind for the next few days was counting how much ringgit I have left. Enough for shopping or not?

But, for the last few days, everything on Facebook was about the king of pop. Everybody misses him. A Malaysian friend cried and posted shoutouts every 1 hour during the memorial broadcast.


Even my brother (I always deemed him ‘emotion-less’) started getting all emo. After watching the video speech by Paris (His 11 year old daughter), now I am all emo too.

Damn, must be PMS.


No comments: