Friday, February 8, 2008

Ah Long Pte Ltd = DISAPPOINTMENT

To think I rave so much about the movie earlier. I am actually very disappointed with the movie this time round. And somemore I chose it over other movies to watch on 大年初一!

Less than 30 mins into the show, I actually sort of regretted buying tickets for it. Lousy story plot, lame jokes and boring ending. Here's some of the parts that I simply dislike about the movie (some reviews are taken out from Yahoo movie review as well):

1. Playing 'durian' soccer to resolve the gang's feud (CG is used in this particular scene, the kicks and flying durians are just too overly exaggerating)
2. Lousy editing of scenes (Some scenes simply got cut off suddenly - kinda like out-of-no-where)
3. Laozharbor AGAIN (Can we take her out of the next Jack Neo movie please?)
4. Ending - The girl (victim/ gangster) had her hair long within 3 seconds, as if like its some kind of horror movie. Nangnuk or something.

Well, still I am not TOTALLY against the movie. Credits should still be given to some. Acting by Fann Wong is definitely commendable. Mark Lee is good at mimicking the Malaysian accent. Watching Kungfu Dunk tmr, I hope it'll be better than today's movie.

1 comment:

daft.punk said...

i can see why you're loving it :D