Thursday, June 30, 2011

Honeymoon 2011

Writing this blog post at 4.39am has proven something. That... I am still suffering from serious jetlag, or post holidays withdrawal symtoms, some says. Haha. Whatever~~. Ok I admit.. I don't wanna come back to SG!!!

Went for our honeymoon (painstakingly planned by yours truly) in UK, Switzerland and Italy on 13th June 2011, just 2 days after our wedding! Oh don't worry, I am not skipping details of my wedding, we'll wait for the video clips and I will do another post on it. :)

It was a good trip - catching up with buddies.. eating great (and shitty) food, visiting beautiful places and the best of all.. quality time with chef. I still have my fake nails on.. so as usual, my pics will do all the story telling! (In new to old order because blogspot has a lousy uploading function. Then I lazy to re-sort their order. WTF x 10000)

Half the time for the trip was spent in supermarkets and hardware shops like this, specially in kitchen tools. Felix loved visiting the shops and each time we pass by one, I know 1 hour is gonna get cut off from our itinerary, haha. Oh well.. I was kinda hooked too. They have everything! From small handy pasta machines to special coffee machines to ravioli rollers to swiss knives!

We got a surprise cake for our honeymoon on SQ on our return flight! I'm still trying to find out who is the mysterious person whom arranged this. (Ok not chef definitely because I was with him all the time) so who could it be? Anyone can shed some light?

Wanted to eat risotto and I finally got to eat the one @ Bolzano Sheraton. That blissed look on my face wasn't faked. Haha!
New found paradise. Thy's name is Merano, Italy.
Sunset @ Florence. Beautiful scenery.. But in reality? Smelly sewage waters and lots of flies hovering above our heads where we were standing. And.. a lot of bird-poo on the bridge. Yuck.
Sponsored stay in Sheraton by Chef Sebastian. He got us a VIP room, the best stay for our trip! Even the toilet was bigger than our rooms for the entire trip.
Sponsor-aka-mentor-aka-friends
One of my fav pics (out of 20 maybe) because of the nice sunset lighting. And my chin is gorgeously sharp. Ok the narcissism in me is leaking abit.
Panna cotta aka Panna shitta. It's Z-grade shit. It's one of the shitty meals we got from this trip. Guess we got unlucky because they thought we're typical tourists from China. No I am not being a racist here.. I am a Chinese! And nowdays the chinese are &^*$% rich! They buy plots of land in Europe! I just got to re-affirm several times to the sri lankan/ bangladesh/ Italians that Singapore is not part of China. And no, we do not speak japanese.
WAKARIMASU KA? BAKA.
We do get lucky. Like this yummy pizza with the generous toppings and melting cheese. I had one all to myself! Wouldn't share with chef if I had a bigger appetite. OOOOOOMMMMMMMMNOMMMNOMMM.
Went up to Duomo in Milan. For the first 5 mins, I had blurry vision due to the hundreds of steps we had to climb. Was panting like mad and I thought I might pass out anytime. Haha. Time to build up the stamina. :X
Caught snow in Mt titlis. Perfect weather!
Swans in Lucerne. Chef tried to lure them with bread crumbs and they were also running after us!
Went for Shrek the musical in London! Everyone should watch when you go UK!
More pictures in my FB. :)

No comments: